Calling upon all cycle hire operators! We’d like to know more about your venue to assess its value for the collection of Earth Observation data in the UK & Ireland …
Subject to funding and interest, Terra Byke will be using peddle cycles to collect air quality & atmospheric composition data. To make this service beneficial to cycle outlets, we have a few other services that you may be interested in. If so, please get in touch with me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’d like to say a BIG thank you to all those who have already completed my short survey. Your responses are invaluable in initiating the Terra Byke service.
Here are some of the benefits for cycle hire hubs …
- Helping to keep track of cyclists for theft and break-down cycle calls. Terra Byke will provide position data for each bicycle in the hire fleet, using an augmented GPS signal. Any cyclists in trouble, with unfixable punctures or in urgent need of service, will be quickly identified when they call base.
- Payment to maintain cycle fleet. If one of Terra Byke’s sensor housings becomes damaged in any way, we may instruct the hire hub to fix it themselves. If they choose to undertake this maintenance work, we will pay them ~£20 per hour. Why? To cut down on our call-out fees for an engineer.
- Public engagement and media exposure. If we choose your cycle hub to participate in our pilot study, we’d like to take it to the press! We’d also like to organise climate awareness campaigns and road-show events at your venue to promote our service. We will work with each hub in the marketing / advertising campaigns for these events to attract as many enthusiasts as possible.
- E-learning / Hands-on visualisations. As part of our service, we’d like to provide access to our data visualisations. We’d also like to provide cyclists with a certificate / hand-out, which informs them about their mileage and average speed etc. We’d fully fund these services in return for advertisements for our service.
- We’ll also be considering incentives for wet weather cycling – as Terra Byke is particularly keen on gathering atmospheric data under cloudy skies!
*Subject to approval and funding
In order to assess the quality of data from each cycle hire hub, I’d be grateful if you would take part in my short (10 question) survey,
Please follow me on Twitter:
Project Manager (Weather Logistics UK)
Terra Byke Service – UK & Ireland